Etiquette for an online conference is not quite the same as it is for an in-person conference, although there are many parallels. This page provides etiquette guidelines to ensure that an enjoyable experience is had by all.
- During presentations:
- Unless you are the moderator or speaker, please turn your video off and mute your microphone during presentations
- If you are the moderator or speaker, please reduce distractions and ambient sounds as much as you can. We understand that this may not always be possible.
- To ask questions:
- Use the “raise hand” function in Zoom (Don’t know how? Click here!) OR
- Type the question in the chat
- Note that written communication lacks the tone and body language of in-person discourse. Please be kind and curious when engaging with one another.